Monday, October 4, 2010

Faith over Fear

Faith is the force that overcomes fear
Fear is the feeling I shouldn’t be hear
Fear is what takes and shortens of lives
Fear is crippling but it’s faith that survives

Fear will stop us and make us fall short
I should have sold this or never have bought
It’s a tag we don’t ask for but seem to wear
It is the barrier that stops us from taking that dare

Oh fear in my heart why so strong
I’ve lived with you there, for maybe, to long
It is time to go and haunt another
With faith in your place I soon will recover

Growing stronger each day and starting to shine
The love that now glows is real and it’s mine
To give and to share it doubles each day
I now have no fear as I work, rest and play

I can now see the world in its true light
God’s love have I found and it feel just right
Now I can stretch out and reach where I may
The glory of faith is here to stay

For those that still doubt or are reluctant to try
Remember the day is coming, when you too will die
So resist the temptation to put it of now
Seek someone out that has been there, and ask them how

Go with the new feeling, enjoy the excitement within
Don’t dwell on the what ifs but focus on win
You are the star and the performance is yours
Look at the audience see how it roars

Stand up straight and defiantly stare
Once you look fear in the eye it will find it no longer is there
Faith is the weapon on which conquests are born
Faith is the healer, so no longer be torn.

Once Faith is excepted and acknowledged as true
Then the facade can be dropped to reveal the real you
Be the first of your group to try it and see
And never be ashamed to say, hello world, this is the real me.



©Rev. Steve  250406

No comments:

Post a Comment