Monday, October 18, 2010

Ode to the Old

You stand you stare wondering what’s there,
Tell me please what you imagine tell me what you see
Are you afraid that it’s you & not me?
Are you afraid that I got a raw deal
Are you afraid about how you may feel?

Do you see someone disfigured and bent?
Am I like a message that nobody sent?

Or do you see someone old and so frail
You’re wrong, you’re wrong, 
I’m still young, I’m, just locked in this jail
Listen and learn as I tell you my Tale,                  

I am the same as I was before
I remember what it was like to be the girl next door
Your whole life’s in front of you and nothing will end
That’s the sad thing I’ve discovered my friend.

Each day you worry and work till you drop
Life will be better if we buy one more prop
It’s not the beads or the bangles that shine
Here take it all, you can even have mine.

The essence of life is all that’s aroundThe birds the trees and the earth on the ground
To many to late find out that it’s false
Take hold of your life and plot a new course.

Experience it all and live as you can
Fear nothing whether real or imagined beast or a man
All you have and all you can hold
Cherish it now before you get old.

©Rev. Steve  2003


No comments:

Post a Comment